I've assembled one Battlecry worth of Zentraedi and am working on assembling my UEDF starting with the Destroids. I'm painting a couple at a time and trying to keep as close to the schemes in the back of the rulebook as possible. For the Recovery Pods I went with one of each of the Options in the painting guide. The Phalanx are Option #2 and have magnetized arms and command module to swap as needed.
Option 1: Basecoat with Vallejo Goblin Green, Medium Fleshtone and Sky Grey. Brushed on Army Painter Quickshade Dip Strong Tone Drybrushed the same colors over the shade.
Option 2: Basecoat Vallejo Mahogany Brown and Vallejo Yellow Olive, Coverage Wash with Army Painter Quickshade Ink Dark Tone Drybrushed the base colors to tone down the shaded areas.
For the Phalanx: Basecoat Iron Wind Metals Dark Blue Red details 50/50 mix of Vallejo Blood Red and Burnt Cadmium Red Grey details Vallejo Neutral Grey and Black mixed 4:1 Coverage Wash with Future and GW Black Ink Drybrush highlight Vallejo Imperial Blue, Gory Red, and Neutral Grey
Thanks, I think I figured out that the Hi-Def setting on my phone's camera combined with my light box makes for better pictures. The Recovery Pods were with the normal def setting, and the Phalanx are with the HD. Unfortunately now I think spotting my mistakes and flaws will be easier which will pick at the perfectionist in me. Tomahawks and Spartans are next!